Travel & Accommodation
Travelling to Caulfield Campus (Google Map of Caulfield Campus)
- The nine kilometres (six mile) trip from the city of Melbourne will take about 25 minutes in peak hour traffic and 15 minutes at other times.
- If you are coming from Melbourne airport, add another 45 minutes in peak hour and 30 minutes at other times. A taxi rank is situated on the railway station side of Sir John Monash Drive.
By train and tram:
- The Caulfield Railway Station is next to the campus and there is a direct line from the city centre. After four lines stop at the station: Cranbourne, Dandenong, Frankston and Pakenham.
- The No. 3 tram from Swanston Street will take you directly to the Caulfield campus.
- Bus Route 624 -- Kew, Auburn Railway Station, Caulfield Railway Station, Chadstone Shopping Centre, Holmesglen Institute of TAFE, Oakleigh Railway Station.
- Bus Route 900 -- Stud Park Shopping Centre, Waverley Park, Monash University Clayton campus, Huntingdale Station, Oakleigh Railway Station, Chadstone Shopping Centre, Monash University Caulfield campus, Caulfield Railway Station.
- Monash shuttle bus services runs in both directions from Clayton to Caulfield campuses. All shuttle bus services are free and run Monday to Friday during the academic year on. See Inter Campus Shuttle Bus for more information and schedules.
A free weekday bus service for students travelling between Mornington Peninsula Shire and Monash University's Clayton campus commenced on the 9th May 2013. The service will stop at six locations en route including Frankston train station, where students can link to Monash University's Peninsula Campus. Buses will run three times a day - from Rosebud and Monash University Clayton. Further information is available on the Public Transport Victoria Website.
Monash myki Commuter Club
- Monash is now offering all staff (including sessionals and casuals) and non-concession students (including international students), the opportunity to participate in the Monash myki Commuter Club scheme. The scheme offers public transport users a 10% discount on 365 day passes.
- By Rideshare: is sharing the car with one or more other people to get to campus. There is only one strict rule with rideshare: you must arrive at the carpark with 2 people and 2 valid carpool permits. To find out more about ridesharing at Caulfield or to register for ridesharing, you need to visit the Monash Rideshare Service webpage.
- Check out the following websites: Bicycle Victoria and/or VicRoads of suggested cycle routes to campus.
- Bicycle Racks - ask at the Service Centre (Building A, Level 1) and/or the MONSU Caulfield Service Desk (Building S, Level 2) for directions.
- Bike Lockers and/or Cages are available for hire on a semester basis. Contact the MONSU Caulfield Service Desk on 9903 2525 for further information and fees.
- A user pay, multi-level car park is available on campus for staff, students, visitors and the general public. Entry to the car park is from Princes Avenue. Ticket machine parking is also available in the Guineas car park - entry via Normanby Road.
- See also: Parking and Permits
Parking on campus
Punthill Oakleigh Apartments - Crnr Princess Hwy & Warrigal Rd, Oakleigh, Victoria 3141
(03) 9631 1111
Easy access to Monash Caulfield via Holmesglen Train Station nearby.
Rates (ask for the “Monash rate”, all rooms are ensuite with Queen beds):
|Hotel Room||$137.00 per night|
|Studio Room (Kitchenette)||$145.00 per night|
|Separate Bedroom & LR||$166.00 per night|
Prices depend on the length of stay (see website). ABNMS attendees should receive a 10% discount. They will need to be booked well in advance.
The Hotel Windsor - 111 Spring Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
03 9633 6000
Easy access to Monash Caulfield via City Loop train stations.
Rates (“government rates” for visitors to Monash University)
|Traditional Queen Room||$227.00 per night|
|Superior King/Twin Room||$247.00 per night|
|Deluxe King Room||$277.00 per night|
|Motel Room||$125.00 per night ($129 on w/e)|
|Single Room (ensuite)||$230.00 per week|